Welcome to Biology! I am really looking forward to working with you, and I am excited to help your child succeed in my class.
This is my 2nd year at Lewisburg High School where I teach Biology and serve as the girls' assistant basketball coach. Prior to this, I taught at Southaven Middle School for 7 years and was the girls' head basketball coach. I graduated from the University of Mississippi with a B.A. in Biology and minor in Psychology. I also played basketball at Blue Mountain College before attending Ole Miss. I love our school and the entire Patriot family! I enjoy spending time with friends and family, tailgating in the Grove, watching a good show on Netflix or Hulu, going to the beach, playing with my pup Lilah, and being overly competitive in any and every sport :)
Science is all around us in everything we do, and I believe it is important for my students to develop an interest and enthusiasm in the sciences. I will engage their minds with inquiry-based learning and STEM, while reinforcing important literacy and mathematics skills. Over the course of the year, we will focus on 10 units of Biology such as Cells, DNA/RNA, Genetics, and Ecology to name a few. I will address multiple learning styles through various resources of the state-specific content. I will encourage your child throughout the year to be intrigued with the world in which we live.
Again, I am really looking forward to this year and the fun we will have. If you would like to contact me, the school's phone number is 662-870-6708. For more immediate attention, you can email me at the contact form above and I will gladly answer any questions you may have.
We are also using Remind 101 as a free, safe, and simple messaging tool that helps me share important updates and reminders with you throughout the year. Students and parents can subscribe by text, email, or by using the Remind app. All personal information is private and I will never see your phone number, nor will you see mine. It's simply a "reminder text." Follow the instructions on the handout to join your class period.
Parents and students can monitor our class assignments and daily instructional happenings here! And be sure to check out our Remind for any updates as well.
Certified in Biology (7th-12th grade), '12
Graduated from Ole Miss with a Bachelor's degree in Biology and minor in Psychology '11
Played basketball at Blue Mountain College '07-'09
Southaven High School graduate class of '07
Biology 1 Assignments & Documents
- Monday-Wednesday Unit 2 - Word document version - You can type in answers on this version. But if you can't open it, please use PDF version below. Work at your own pace for these 3 days: Read/Review, scan QR codes for videos, and answer the questions that follow (either from print-out or on a sheet of paper). Do the best you can! Keep Unit 2 material in a folder
- Monday - Wednesday Unit 2 - PDF version
- Thursday - Amoeba Sisters Video - Prokaryotic v. Eukaryotic Cells
- Thursday - Amoeba Sisters Pro v. Euk Cells Video Questions - Click on the link and take the quiz! Use first and last name.
- Thursday - Amoeba Sisters Video - Intro. to Cells
- Thursday - Amoeba Sisters Intro. to Cells Video Questions - Click on the link and take the quiz! Use first and last name.
- Thursday - Amoeba Sisters Video - Cell Transport
- Thursday - Amoeba Sisters Cell Transport Video Questions - Click on the link and take the quiz! Use first and last name.
- Friday - Kahoot! Use first and last name
- Friday -Kahoot! Use first and last name
- Unit 1 answer key (1).docx
- Wednesday - Unit 1 Review.pdf - Review material & at the end, answer as many of the questions as you can :) make a goal to answer at least 10!
- Thursday - Watch Viruses Video
- Thursday - Watch Cell Theory Video
- Thursday - Watch Amoeba Sisters Characteristics of Life Video
- Friday - Play Kahoot! - Cell Theory
- Friday - Play Kahoot! - Characteristics of Life