Assignments for March 30th-April 3rd:
1. Read Chapter 4: Civil Liberties. Complete the Guided Reading. The PowerPoint is below under Files/Documents if you need it. I will send out a Chapter 4 quiz later in the week.
2. Watch the videos for required cases here: Oyez,Oyez Complete the guides that go with them. If the videos do not work, let me know.
3. Watch the daily lessons at YouTube: Advanced Placement. They are live at 2pm or you can watch them anytime. There are also reviews for your other AP classes.
4. Watch Crash Course Episodes 23-28. Crash Course Government and Politics.
5. Complete the assignments on Khan Academy by Sunday April 5th. Class code is: UP2WUQMY if you have not joined.
April 4, 2020 AP Government Exam Updates
1. Test date is Monday May 11 at 3pm.
2. You will take the test online at home on a computer, tablet, or phone.
3. You can use notes and books just no assistance from anyone else. College Board will know if you cheat and will let every college in the country know.
4.Question 1: Argumentative Essay- 25 minutes- 60% It’s not really an essay. Write a thesis. Provide 2 pieces of evidence that support it. You will have the documents in front of you.
Question 2: Concept Application- 15 minutes- 40%
5. It will cover Units 1-3. Foundations of Democracy. Interactions Among Branches. Civil Rights/Civil Liberties.
6. You may type or hand-write your response and submit a picture of your work.
7. You do not have to take the AP Exam to receive weighted credit for the class.
8. If you want to cancel your exam, contact Mrs. Clay ASAP.
9. T4 is Economics in PowerSchool but we continue with AP Gov. You will get credit for economics and graduate and get a diploma.
AP GOV REMIND ACCOUNT: TEXT @LHSAPGOV TO 81010.
AP US Government and Politics/Boys and Girls Powerlifting
AP US Government, US History, MS Studies, Economics, Mississippi Studies, Football, Head Boys and Girls Powerlifting
Education: BA Secondary Education, University of Mississippi
MS Educational Leadership, Arkansas State University
Certifications: Social Studies (7-12), General Science (7-12),
USA Powerlifting Level 1 Club Coach
2005-2006- 7th Grade Science- Olive Branch Middle
2006-2016- 8th Grade Science, Football Coach- Lewisburg Middle
2016-2020- US History, AP Government- Lewisburg High
2012-2020- Boys and Girls Powerlifting Coach, Lewisburg High