Due to COVID-19, students will not attend LHS until after the tentative date of April 17. As MDE and DCS continue to make decisions regarding our return, please monitor the school website, follow my Remind, and STAY CALM. AT THIS TIME YOU DO NOT HAVE TO EMAIL ME YOUR CLASSWORK. COMPLETE IT AND SAVE YOUR WORK FOR LATER REFERENCE.
Hello, I am Amy Washington Koonce. I have been married to Martin Koonce for 17 years and he is a paramedic. We have three children:Gabe is 15, Wyatt 13, and Abby is 11, and they all attend Lewisburg Schools.
I graduated high school from Horn Lake in 1997, then attended NWCC, and graduated from Delta State University with a Bachelors Degree in 2002. My areas of concentration are Physical Education (K-12) and Biology (7-12).
I have been teaching in DeSoto County for 18 years. I taught at Southaven Middle School for 9 years - Physical Education, 7/8 Grade Science, and Coached Volleyball and Basketball. Then I transferred to Southaven High School where I taught for a year - Biology/Botany and was the Girls Basketball Assistant Coach. This is my eighth year at LHS. I am currently teaching Fast Track Biology, coach Tennis, and Science Department Head.
Below is the agenda for the week, students are encouraged to work at their own pace. All documents and link are found below under the Biology Distance Learning Information
Read pages 1-8 and view videos from the QR Codes
Read pages 9-15 and view videos from the QR Codes
Answer questions on pages 16-26
Watch 3 Amoeba Sisters videos and answer Quizizz for each video
Play the 2 Kahoots!
Biology - Distance Learning Information
- Monday - Wednesday - Word Packet - Section 2 Cells-Student blank.docx
- Monday - Wednesday - PDF Packet - Section 2 CellsPDF- diversity and functions Student blank.pdf
- Thursday - Amoeba Sisters - Prokaryotic vs. Eukaryotes
- Thursday - Amoeba Sisters - Questions - Prokaryotes vs Eukaryotes
- Thursday - Amoeba Sisters - Intro. to Cells
- Thursday - Amoeba Sister - Questions - Intro. to Cells
- Thursday - Amoeba Sister - Cell Transport
- Thursday - Amoeba Sisters - Questions - Cell Transport
- Friday - Kahoot! - Cell Structure ans Function
- Friday - Kahoot! - Cell Membrane and Cell Transport
2 – Large bag of individually wrapped candy. (Turn in)
1 - pack of Markers (small barrel) 10 pack
1 – 1 inch 3-ring binder (to be used strictly for biology) w/ LOOSE LEAF PAPER ONLY!
1 - pack of dividers
1 – 3-hole zipper pencil bag to fit in 3 ring binder (big enough for flashcards)
2 - 100 index cards (200 total) - put in your pencil bag.
Wish List Supplies:
Kleenex, Disinfecting wipes, pack of pencils, glad liquid plug in refills, and paper towels.